Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Try at DIY

REVAMPED LAMP (This was soooo easy!!)

I recently moved my son into a new room and wanted to decorate with a sports theme. However, I was on a very tight budget. So, I decided to try my hand at a little DIY with a lamp (seemed simple), instead of paying oodles and oodles for a sports themed lamp. 

I went to our local vendor mall (which is basically a giant indoor yard sale). I found this lamp for $2 in working condition. AWESOME!




I decided to try a rope looking lamp since it would be in a little boys room. I found some wreath wrapping wire at Hobby Lobby for $3 and some little wooden decorative soccer and basketballs at Michaels for $.99 (YEAH!).



First, I got my hot glue gun ready. I started at the top of the lamp, below the light socket, and started gluing a little, then wrapping a little. 

Here's a peak at how the first section turned out.



After wrapping the entire lamp down to the bottom, I decided to add the soccer and basketballs for decoration. 

Voila! Here's how it turned out. Not too bad for around $7, and it matches my son's bedroom decor perfectly.



Next project......that horrible side table!! Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment